We partnered with
Water Stop and Leack Sealing Crack Injection
Injection methods designed to prevent water ingress and migration are subcategory of crack injection known as chemical grouting — referring to the gels, resins and foams as chemical grouts. Chemical grouts include polyurethane resins and acrylic resins. These products are designed to work well in a wet environments. Water stop foams react on contact with water and expand to stop high velocity water flow. Polyurethane resins form semi rigid or flexible seals to permanently prevent water migration.
Retaining Wall Repair
with Leak Sealing Polyurethane Water Stop Foam Injection
Retaining walls are an essential part of any construction project that involves slopes or elevated areas. They help prevent soil erosion and ensure the stability of structures by holding back soil and water. However, retaining walls can become damaged over time, leading to water leakage and erosion.
One of the most effective and cost-efficient solutions for retaining wall leak repair is polyurethane injection. The process does not require excavation, heavy machinery, or lengthy construction timelines, making it a convenient and time sensitive repair solution. The injected foam grout creates a waterproof seal that prevents further water infiltration into the concrete, which is essential for retaining walls exposed to constant moisture and water pressure.
Polyurethane injection foam is a type of foam that is designed to expand when it comes into contact with water. The foam is typically injected into a crack or void in a structure, where it then reacts with water to create a chemical reaction that causes it to expand and fill the space. The expansion of polyurethane injection foam on contact with water is a desirable characteristic in applications such as leak sealing and water stoppage, as it allows the foam to effectively fill the space and prevent further water intrusion.
The combination of low viscosity, fast expansion and curing, flexibility, good chemical resistance and adhesion, make polyurethane injection foam grout an effective choice for leak seal and water stop injection applications.
Here are some advantages of using PUR foam for stopping water migration through retaining walls:
- Cost-effective — Polyurethane injection is a cost-effective solution for repairing a leaking retaining wall. It requires less labor, time, and materials compared to traditional methods of repair, such as excavation and replacement.
- Water Stop and Waterproof — The injected polyurethane resin expands on contact with moisture and creates a waterproof compression seal that prevents further water infiltration into the retaining wall.
- Minimal-Invasive — Polyurethane injection requires minimal disruption to the surrounding area, making it a convenient solution for homeowners and business owners. It does not require excavation, heavy machinery, or lengthy construction timelines.
- Quick — Polyurethane injection can be completed quickly compared to traditional methods, minimizing the time that the retaining wall is out of commission and minimizing disruptions to daily activities.
- Durable — The injected polyurethane resin creates a strong and flexible bond with the concrete surface, making it a durable and long-lasting solution for sealing a leaking retaining wall.
Polyurethane injection is a cost-effective, waterproof, minimal-invasive, quick, durable, versatile, and eco-friendly solution for sealing a leaking retaining wall. If you’re facing a leaking retaining wall, consider using this method for an efficient and effective repair solution.
Structural Crack Injection
Methods and products designed to structurally repair concrete are combined in another subcategory of crack injection, known as epoxy crack injection. Epoxy resin adhesives, categorized by strength, viscosity and gel-times, provide outstanding structural properties — a prerequisite for use as a prime load-bearing cracked concrete repair solution.
Retaining Wall Repair
with Epoxy Resin Injection For Structural Strength
Retaining walls are a crucial element in landscape and infrastructure design, providing structural support and preventing soil erosion. However, these structures are subjected to natural wear and tear, water damage, and soil pressure, leading to cracks, voids, and other structural issues. Neglecting these problems can compromise the stability and safety of the retaining wall. Epoxy injection can help to regain strength in a retaining wall.
Here are the advantages for restoring structural strength of a retaining wall with epoxy resin injection:
- Structural Strength — Retaining walls can lose their structural strength due to natural wear and tear, water damage, and soil pressure. Epoxy resin injection can fill and reinforce the damaged areas, restoring the retaining wall’s strength and stability. Epoxy resin has a high compressive and tensile strength, meaning it can resist pushing and pulling forces, and prevent cracks from expanding. It can withstand high pressures and weight. This makes it an ideal solution for repairing retaining walls subjected to soil pressure, water pressure, or heavy loads.
- Durability — Epoxy resin injection is a durable solution for retaining wall repair. Epoxy resin is resistant to water, many chemicals, and typical ambient heat. It also resists wear and tear, making it a long-lasting solution that can withstand the test of time.
- Cost-effectiveness — Epoxy resin injection is a cost-effective solution for repairing retaining walls. The cost of replacing a retaining wall can be prohibitively expensive, requiring excavation, demolition, and new construction.
- Minimal-Invasive — Epoxy resin injection is a minimal-invasive solution for repairing retaining walls. It does not require excavation, heavy machinery, or lengthy construction timelines, minimizing the disturbance to the surrounding area.
- Quick — Epoxy injection can be accomplished swiftly in comparison to conventional techniques, reducing the duration that the retaining wall is out of service and limiting disruptions to daily operations.
Epoxy resin injection is a reliable and efficient solution for structural retaining wall repair, offering a range of advantages such as durability, high compressive and tensile strength, cost-effectiveness, and minimal-invasiveness.
For any structural repair project, it is highly recommended to seek guidance from a professional engineer to assess the suitability of epoxy injection. Additionally, it is important to hire a skilled and experienced epoxy injection contractor who can perform the repair in accordance with the specifications. This ensures that the repair is conducted safely and effectively, and that the structure is restored to its optimal condition. It is crucial to prioritize safety and quality when it comes to structural repairs, and seeking expert advice and hiring competent professionals can help to achieve these goals.